SUWANNEE COUNTY, FLORIDA
RECORDING FEES ARE:
$10.00 ... for the first page and
$ 8.50 ... for each additional page
Documentary Stamps for Deeds are: $.70 per $100.00/$7.00 per $1000.00
Documentary Stamps for Mortgages are: $.35 per $100.00/$3.50 per
Intangible Tax is paid on the financed amount times: $.002
If a mortgage is being assumed figure the assumption amount times: $.0035
Agreement for Deed Documentary Stamps are paid on the PURCHASE
PRICE at the rate of $7.00 per thousand. Documentary Stamps are paid on
the FINANCED AMOUNT at the rate of $3.50 per thousand. Intangible tax
is paid on the FINANCED AMOUNT times $.002.
Copies of documents from Official Records: $1.00 per page
Certification of a document: $2.00 per document
Indexing of names: $1.00 per name after 4 names
Preparation of Notice of Recording $10.00
Certified Mail $6.00
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECORDING DEEDS OR MORTGAGES ARE:
1. Grantees address must be on document.
2. Grantors signature must be notarized and witnessed by two witnesses.
Notary may be one of the witnesses but must sign as a witness AND notary.
3. Names must be printed or typed underneath each signature.
4. Property identification number should be included. This is listed on the
tax bill as the account number. If you do not have a tax bill, contact the
Suwannee County property appraiser’s office.
5. Name and address of who prepared the deed and name and address of who
to return the deed to must appear on the face of the document.
6. Please include consideration amount on face of deed or by attached memo.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 386-362-0534.